Temperature sensors are quite common, and many people don’t realize how often these tools are used in a variety of industries. If you need to measure temperature for any reason, then you might consider the benefits of thermistor sensors.
Here are a few common applications of thermistors and other types of temperature sensors:
- Food Processing: The temperature of food has a direct impact on the safety of the product. If manufacturers aren’t careful with food temperatures, then it is possible that the food might become contaminated with harmful pathogens. Temperature sensors need to be used to ensure that the storage area is cool enough to protect the safety of the ingredients. Additionally, these temperature sensors are also used during the cooking process, so that the food is brought to a certain level to eliminate food-borne illnesses.
- HVAC: How is the temperature managed in your home or office? With a temperature sensor! HVAC systems can be set to a specific temperature, and constant measurement is needed to maintain the temperature. If the temperature changes, then the HVAC system will be triggered to turn on to adjust the climate.
- Manufacturing: The temperature of manufacturing equipment has an effect on the quality of the products and the safety of the workers. Sensors can be used to prevent overheating. If the temperature is too high, then the equipment might have an auto shut-off feature to protect the engine.
- Medical Devices: The medical industry uses sensors to monitor temperatures during manufacturing. Additionally, it is necessary to manage the temperature of equipment that is used for treatments and testing.
- Automotive: Sensors are used in cars, trucks, and other vehicles. As you are driving, you can see the temperature measurement on the dashboard of the vehicle.
There are many other ways that thermistors and other sensors need to be used to monitor the temperature fluctuations. If you want to learn more, then you are welcome to talk to our team at Kelvin Technologies to schedule a consultation.
Thermistors: Simple Temperature Measurements
If you need simple data, then thermistor sensors might be a great option to consider. These products are readily available and inexpensive, making them the common choice for people in all industries.
Thermistors are made of semiconductor material which is sensitive to temperature changes. This resistance decreases if the temperatures go up, and increases if the temperature goes down. Since the resistance change is predictable, thermistors offer accurate measurement.
These tools are often used in self-regulating heating elements, as well as self-resetting overcurrent protectors. There are different ways that thermistors can be manufactured, so you should consider your options before submitting your order.
Here at Kelvin Technologies Inc., we offer a wide variety of thermistor sensors and other similar products. We will gladly customize your order, to ensure that the products work as needed. We have an office located at 1351 Matheson Blvd E #3, Mississauga, ON, L4W 2A1. Our services are available nationwide, so feel free to call from any location:(905) 238-7060